Oxfam Australia's vision, values and goals
We believe that in a wealthy world, poverty is unjustifiable and preventable. We believe that the present state of inequality and injustice must be challenged, and that with the right help, poor people can change their lives for the better.
Our vision is of a just world without poverty.
We aim to increase the number of people who have a sustainable livelihood, access to social services, an effective voice in decisions, equal rights and status, and safety from conflict and disaster.
Our work is a partnership through which Australians enable poor and marginalised people to control their own development, achieve equitable treatment, exercise their basic rights, and ensure the environment is healthy and sustainable.
Oxfam Australia exists to contribute to:
- a fairer world
- overcoming poverty and injustice
- challenging and changing structural causes of poverty
- empowering people to control their own lives and achieve their human rights
- long-term change and sustainability
Our work is characterised by:
- working with and through others in ways that are consultative, inclusive, responsive and collaborative
- appreciating and respecting diversity
- ongoing learning
Our work seeks one overall outcome: to bring about positive change in the lives of people living in poverty. Learn more about Oxfam Australia
and how we work.